12.27.2004

2% or Nuthin!

Whoever dared to come up with the idea of 1% or fat free milk should be shot. Not necessarily with a gun, but maybe with a really big rubber band. Ugh. Just the thought of watery milk is really gross. I guess I shouldn't be biased or anything. But for the real enjoyment of drinking milk, it's best when it goes down heavy. Mmmmmm.

Christmas is over. It looks like all the malls and shopping centers are filled with people looking for bargains and returning items left and right. I am so glad that for my family and I we know the real meaning of what this time is about... PRESENTS!! No not really. When you take away the gifts and the tree and the lights, I still have my family. I still have a wonderful family that loves and supports and cares for each other. That joy comes from Jesus Christ. The fact that God lives in each one of us unites us as a family. So I guess this entry isn't really all that much about 2% or what, it's about how grateful I am for the amazing people I have in my life.

On my way to hug my mom...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

2% eh? i'm a fan of soy milk, which doesn't give classy options like 1%, 2% or homo.
heh, ever try shopping on boxing day? good luck! i tried to get my dad a box of smarties... YA RIGHT! that was a failure.
tell me about your trip to india. what were you there for? (i'm going to be serving with the barli institute for rural women (monafoundation.com)).
of all the places you've traveled to, which is the one you felt needed the most volunteer service? im interested in doing something helpful for the world, and advice from real people )as oposed to websites) is something i enjoy.
:D

Mateo said...

Here's my thoughts on your questions... I am going to India in March, I haven't been there yet. So it'll be a new experience for both of us. Answer #2: Of the countries I've been to, Romania and Bulgaria both stand out as needing help, as far as the Gypsy population. A lot of my friends who've been to Africa say there is a lot of work that needs to be done there as well. I think it depends on what you want to do, teaching, humanitarian, relief, building, etc. Does that answer your question? Hope so, Good luck!