12.21.2004

Airports at Christmas Time?... oooh the Magic!

Well if you didn't catch the sarcasm in that title try reading it again. Actually I'm in the Pittsburgh airport right now and they've got a wireless connection near the B28 gate which is where I'm waiting. Power and Access, what else could I ask for right now? Well maybe a more comfortable chair.

I got off the plane from Fort Lauderdale and started looking around for my next gate. Luckily I didn't walk very far after soon realizing that I was already standing at it... the infamous B28. Hmmm sounds like a sandwich or a football play or something.

Everything's going pretty well though. Most of the people are being nice, except some. I really get fired up when people get mad at the service desk representatives. I remember many years working in the "messenger" role. Let's all wear a smile and not get mad at the person standing behind the desk who can't fix anything just because you raise your voice.

I think that's about all for now. I am amazed by the amount of people who've passed by me in this airport. There are a lot of people in the world. Many who might not ever realize that Christmas is more than just a tree, shopping, sales, presents and songs. Find out what the meaning is, find out who it's about. Not what we do, but why.

This is Matt Woody, signing off from B28

No comments: